This recipe is from the July 2015 macrobiotic Suppers event.
Source: Barbara Vadnais, Aug. 3, 2012
1onion (medium dice)
1 teaspoonolive oil (extra virgin)
2yellow squash (summer)
5 cupswater (filtered)
4ears of corn (kernels cut off, cobs may be used for stock)
2 teaspoonsyellow miso
- Sautee onion in EVOO until soft.
- Add summer squash with 2 tbsp water and steam till wilted.
- Add remaining water and corn.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Blend with an immersion blender.
- Dissolve miso in a spoonful of water and add to pot. After adding miso, simmer 2-3 minutes but do not allow to come to a boil.
- Add sea salt if necessary.
- Serve hot or cold. Garnish as you wish.