Microwave and Baked Versions
This recipe will make 12 baked muffins in tins or 6 microwaved muffins in mugs. Divide the ingredients by 6 to make a single Muffin in a Mug.
This recipe can be easily adapted to a single Muffin In a Mug by dividing the ingredients by 6 as follows:
- 1/8 cup (2 Tbs) flax seed meal
- 1/8 cup (2 Tbs) almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- stevia to taste
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup of water
Follow directions below for Microwave Version.
Microwave Version (6 mugs)
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix in coconut oil, vanilla, eggs and water. Divide batter evenly into 6 mugs and microwave each mug individually for up to 2 minutes.
Baked Version (12-muffin baking tin)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, mixer or food processor. Mix in coconut oil, vanilla, eggs and water. Spoon equally into 12-muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes.
To vary, add any of the following to a single Magic Muffin or multiply by 6 to yield 12 Baked Muffins:
- 1 Tbs almond butter
- 1/8-1/4 cup berries
- 1-2 Tbs chopped nuts or seeds (hemp, sesame, pumpkin)
- 1 Tbs cacao and 1 Tbs instant coffee powder for Mocha Muffin
- 1 Tbs chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 1 Tbs ground chia seeds (adds a creamy consistency/use a bit more water)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbs coconut flour (adds lightness)
- 1 tsp collagen (adds protein)
Note: Due to very high fiber content, be sure to drink 8 oz water/tea/liquid with muffin.